Pages

Feb 20, 2015

MUSCLE UP CLUB

I did it, I DID IT, IDIDIT!

I got alllllllll the muscle ups!

Last week I was doing some chest to bar pull ups as part of my workout.  More like chest to ribs.  I dunno why I pull so hard for these.  But Sean walked by and casually mentioned that if I pulled any harder I'd have a muscle up.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

A muscle up you say?

I finished that set of C2Bs and headed back to my overhead squats.  During the 60 second transition I decided that it's happening today. I'm getting a muscle up on the bar.

FUCK YEAH!  Easy. Easy peasy. I found myself chilling up there not wanting to come down and relish in the moment.  Then I hit my head on the ceiling.  Whoops.

Obviously I didn't catch this on film, so I had to do another one to video it.  This one felt even easier.  So much so that I got cocky and went for two.  Yeah, nope.  #fail





So now I have ring muscle ups AND bar muscle ups!  And actually got one in a WOD this week!!! 

This WOD:
13.3
12 minute AMRAP
150 Wall balls 20/14# (men 10′ target/ladies 9′ target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups
Finished wall balls in 9:08.
Got 1 MU!

That WOD is nasty.  BUT I did it as RX this time, as opposed to the mess I attempted in 2013, and I got a HUGE PR. :D I live for this shit.

And because carbs and clearance, two of my favorite things!

Allllll the RKTs!




No comments:

Post a Comment