Pages

Jun 15, 2014

Paleo Banana Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me preface this recipe by letting you know these were declared the "best cookies I've ever made." I mean, the original gluten filled recipe from How Sweet It Is is AMAZING, so I'm not sure how this possibly could've went wrong, but WOW. They're good. Really good.

I somehow came down with a cold last week. It was miserable (it still is. UGH). I was home sick on Friday, and Sean texted me to let me know I got him sick (I mean...it was inevitable babe), and the least I could do was make some cookies. Well, okay.
I didn't have any ripe bananas, but fortunately I keep some in the freezer for random requests such as this (NOT). But I did have some frozen that I just quickly microwaved and we were good to go!


Paleo Banana Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from How Sweet It Is
2 cups + 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy almond butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Melt butter with almond butter in the microwave. It takes about 90 seconds, check every 30 to make sure it isn't splattering everywhere. Set aside to cool. Mix the almond flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer, or another large bowl, mix together cooled peanut butter and butter with the organic cane sugar. Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add in the mashed banana and mix until combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.

Scoop the dough in 2-3 tbsp cookies and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other, they will spread a little bit. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Try not to eat them all as soon as they come out of the oven, they're even better a day later!

Makes about 3 dozen cookies



Apparently I should get sick more often. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment