Mar 6, 2012


So that whole fancy dinner out thing?  Yeah, somebody upped the ante on that one and decided it should be a trip to Baltimore for the aquarium AND a fancy dinner out for our anniversary.  I love that guy ;)  

After lollygagging around all morning, we hit the road around noon (and of course didn't eat lunch) so were starving by the time we found a place to park.  My great idea--"Let's hit Starbucks in B&N before the aquarium to grab a snack!" Apparently 25 other people thought that was an awesome idea as well.  We waited a half hour in the slowest Starbucks ever (seriously, is it because it's in the "south"?) to get our cookies and green tea.  After housing our food we were ready to hit up the aquarium...or so we thought.  Apparently you buy tickets for times in said aquarium.  By this time it was around 2:30, and the next "entry time" was 4:00.  Lovely.  So now we had some time to kill, and no happy hours.  Boo!  

It wasn't the perfect day to walk around (mad windy and kinda chilly) but we checked out the harbor anyway.
 The aquarium that we were, oh so patiently, waiting to get into!
 After freezing, and deciding that shopping is useless because we can't buy anything here (sales tax!), we headed to Dick's Last Resort.  That place is awesome if you've never been there.  Andddd apparently our drinks came with souvenir glasses, score!  It was finally time to head back for entry.  It's a good thing we like each other ;)
We'd been to the Baltimore Aquarium before, but it was at least 5 years ago, and vaguely remembered it.  Since then, we've become a lot more knowledgeable about saltwater fish and wildlife, so it was much more interesting this time around.
 Central tank with all the rays.
Seriously HUGE fish.  I made Sean stand next to him for comparison. hehe ;)
Some corals--I wish they had more live corals in there.  A lot of it was fake stuff.
Anddddddddddd right about here was where my memory card decided it was full.  I suppose I forgot that I needed to empty the trash on the card (doesn't delete mean delete?!?).  Oh well.  Sean took a few more pictures with his phone, it was all pretty awesome.  There was a jellyfish and dolphin part of the aquarium that either wasn't there before or we just completely missed, so we checked that out.  Jellyfish are so creepy.

After the aquarium we headed to what I thought would be an awesome happy hour for some drinks and possibly dinner.  It was awesome, and PACKED.  No, thank you.  I'd rather pay full price then fight with someone to try to order a $3 Sangria.  We were both pretty hungry so just decided to head to dinner.  We ate at Roy's Hawaiian Cuisine.  Delicious.  We both ordered a pina colada (duh), and enjoyed some free(!) edamame for the pre-appetizer appetizer?  It was kinda like the popcorn at ground round, but not popcorn ;)  Very delicious.  We ate the whole bowl.  Then got some sushi.  Sean got the rockfish, I got lobster, shrimp, scallops and a crab cake.  Mmmm.  I was seriously so stuffed at the end of that meal!  Awesome, awesome food.  Topped it off with some coffee for the ride home and we were good to go ;)

Oh, but the night doesn't end there.  It continued with buying a new PS3 (I'm such a good wife), and heading out to Bdubs to meet some friends for UFC.  Which lasted until 1AM.  Yeah...we left at midnight.  Sorry Frankie, we aren't that die hard of fans.

Now that I've probably rambled on for more then anyone would want to know...I'll sign off.  I'll get this blogging thing one day!