Pages

Mar 9, 2012

Strength and Beauty

I came across the picture below on Pinterest and it reminded me of a conversation I have with older generations all too often.  "Don't get old." They say.  Just the other day my boss was complaining about how hard it was to walk fifty or so feet (50 feet!) and had to sit down to catch her breath once we got inside the building.  "Don't get old," she says.  

How do you not understand that it's not the fact that you are old, but that you didn't and still don't take care of your health that is causing you so much stress and pain? Of course I could not, and never do, say this aloud, but I mean, come ON!?  I see fit men and women in their 60s, 70s, even 80s all.the.time.  Aging is not why you are sick and immobile, it's because you didn't care enough about yourself to treat your body right and will not see all the strength and beauty that you are capable of.

Personally, I will embrace getting older, because I know I am doing everything in my power to be the best and healthiest I can be.  I want to see what my body is capable of and push it to it's limits.  I want to be strong and healthy for my future family and set a good example of how to live life to the fullest.  I don't want my body to start falling apart at 40, 50, 60 years old.  I'm going to work hard, so that I will be able to excel at anything that is put in my way.
How about you?  It's not too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment