Pages

Aug 20, 2012

Paleo Zucchini Muffins

Would you believe me if I told you I made muffins with no flour (of ANY kind), no sugar, no artificial (or "natural") sweeteners, AND it had vegetables?

No? 

I don't blame you.  I was skeptical as well, but holy crap, what a surprise when I opened the oven and saw these beautiful muffins staring back at me. 


 They even rose perfectly!  And taste like actual muffins.  No soggy, falling apart mess here! AND they're delicious.  Whodathought? Check out the ingredients:

2 cups almond butter
3 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini, strained or squeezed (a LOT--you want to get as much moisture out as you can.  Measure 2 cups out AFTER you have strained it)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Any other spices you desire--pumpkin spice would probably be awesome for fall

Add almond butter to mixing bowl.  I used a hand mixer to get mine nice and smooth.  Add eggs and mix.  Mix in zucchini and the rest of ingredients and stir well.  Pour into paper lined muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of the way.  I used 1/4 measuring cup for mine.  Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until passes toothpick test.  Makes 12 muffins.


Source: Life as A Plate



I had some with my breakfasts last week, and froze the rest.  They are really good reheated!  Just defrost in the microwave and stick in the toaster oven.  Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment