Pages

Feb 18, 2012

Banana PB Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was wanting to bake something tonight but used up the rest of our eggs for breakfast yesterday.  (and was too lazy to go out for more)  After perusing a bunch of recipes for egg-less muffins and egg "replacers," I decided to just come up with something on my own.  For my first try, I'd say this is a huge hit!  I'm pretty impressed with myself.



Banana PB Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 10 muffins
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oat flour (old fashioned oats ground in a food processor)
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 heaping tsp baking soda
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
splash of milk

Preheat oven to 350.  Melt butter and mix in peanut butter and mashed banana with hand mixer.  Add vanilla and sugar and mix some more until incorporated.  Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the PB banana mixture.  Add a splash of milk (about 1 tbsp) until the batter is smooth.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Fill lined cupcake tins 3/4 of the way with batter.  Put in oven, drop temp to 325 and bake for about 24 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.



These were delicious and Sean said the best I've made yet :)  I can't complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment