Pages

Oct 4, 2012

Early Morning Run - SUCCESS!

So, the new run plan started today.  5:00 the alarm went off, I rolled out of bed (much to my own surprise), and got dressed. 

Holy crap was it dark out.  It was super creepy.  Notgonnalie, I definitely looked over my shoulder a few times to make sure no one was following me.  And may or may not have side-eyed a few of the other early risers in the neighborhood.

It was also super disgusting and humid.  Just perfect weather to run in, right?!

I managed 2 full laps around the neighborhood in 25 minutes.  Naturally, my runkeeper app decided not to work correctly, so I don't know exactly how far I went or at what pace.   I'm going with 2-2.5 miles.  And hopefully slower then a 10 minute pace!  I kept making myself slow down when I'd pick up the speed. 

The run itself felt great!  I wore long sleeves, so I was a sweaty beast by the time I got back to the house.  Yum. 

I then showered, walked Yank, made breakfast, and walked out the door, EARLY for work! Whoop!  That never never happens.  And I got to rock out to Gangnum Style on the way to work.  Fist pumping before 7am is allowed, right?

It's going to be a good day.  :)  I think I could get used to this!


No comments:

Post a Comment