Pages

Jul 30, 2012

Rugged Maniac

So...there was a reason I started (and finished!) that couch to 5k program.  I had scheduled a crazy mud run 5k for July 14th!

http://www.ruggedmaniac.com/
The Tri-State Rugged Maniac!  It was SO.MUCH.FUN. If you can't tell from the pictures :)



Crossing the finish line!
 We ended up not running for the whole 5k, but still finished in 50 minutes.  I had such a blast!  The camera on Sean's chest was supposed to record the whole race, but only got about the first 30 minutes of it.  If you can see the water pic up there ^^^ He hit the camera going over one of the buoys, and it cracked the case open.  We're hoping the warranty will cover it (especially since we borrowed it)!  But, the good news is, the footage was saved :)  Once we get that uploaded on the computer, I'll share (some of) that as well.

The race was a blast.  This was our second time doing it, and I did MUCH better this go around.  There were 10 foot walls again, which I needed help getting over last year, and this year, pulled myself up and over no problemo.  So proud!  I also would have been able to run the whole thing easily, but we waited for Sean's friend so we could finish together.  Fine by me!

Now the question is, to Tough Mudder, or not to Tough Mudder?

No comments:

Post a Comment