Pages

Feb 16, 2012

Running

So I got back to running yesterday after about a week off.  I'm using the couch to 5k program and am currently on the 7th week-- run for 25 minutes.  I've been struggling with the last 3-5 minutes--hips starting to hurt, feet and calves cramping up-- but yesterday I was able to push through and even ramp up my pace for the last half mile! It's pretty crazy when you get excited about running ;) lol  I ran for 2.2 miles during that time, just one more to go until I can officially run a 5k!

We've signed up for a mud run in July, so I've got plenty of time to get to 3.1 miles, but lately I've been considering the Tough Mudder.  But it's ten miles plus a TON of brutal obstacles.  The good thing is that it's not timed, but I would expect to at least run for the majority of it.  Maybe Sean would be interested after he finishes his half marathon.  I'm not sure if I have the endurance for it, but it might be fun to try...

Intense.


Tonight for dinner we are going to Home Grown, an awesome organic bar/cafe that we found down here in Delaware.  Seriously, it's amazing.  All local food sources, great atmosphere, amazing food, and hoegaarden on tap.  Oh, and we have a Groupon. :D 

With that I leave you with some motivation:
Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment